Thursday, February 22, 2007

Second Motif (well, a few motifs strung together I'm counting as just one)

I am having difficulty finding time to sit down and actually design a tatting pattern - the designing of the jewelry itself seems to take up so much time.

This is an adapted design from Jan Stawasz's book, "Tatting: theory and patterns." It is a lovely book, and Mr. Stawasz's tatting is impeccable. He is also a very talented designer. When I saw this flower, my mind immediately began to think of ways to use it in a necklace, and this was what I came up with. It is made with a variegated thread called "Silken Pearl" (the flower section) and DMC Cebelia (the stem and leaf section).

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It's simply gorgeous.

Gina said...

This is beautiful! I'm not fond of wearing tatted jewelry myself and would probably use this as trim or embellishment on something instead, but what a lovely adaptation of Jan's patterns!
:-) Gina/Tatting Goddess

the fabled needle (jen) said...

beautiful.