I found this pattern (the part at the front of the necklace) in a vintage tatting book. I thought the edging looked like flowers so I had in my mind how I wanted to use Yarnplayer's "Roses" thread and make it really look like flowers - unfortunately, the pattern wouldn't cooperate and I ended up doing it in two layers instead of just one like the pattern was written. So then I stopped it short and created the rest of the necklace afterwards. I still like the way it turned out, but I have some more ideas.
I need to tweak the pattern a little more to get better results. Unfortunately I have the flu and can't think straight, so I'm going back to sleep now.