Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Tatting World Lost a Good Friend

Gina, known for her blog "Threads of a Tatting Goddess" (I always loved that name!) passed away on Monday.  Her blog was an inspiration and she was an endless source of information for all of us.  I enjoyed reading her blog almost daily and she was so faithful in her posting and sharing that I felt like I knew her even though we never met.  She always took time to comment and encourage other bloggers as well - me included.  For those of you in the tatting world who knew her personally, my heart goes out to each of you.  If I can feel such a loss for someone I only knew through the blogging universe, I can only imaging the pain and heartache you all must be going though today.


Gina, you will be sorely missed by many.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for your comments about my Aunt Regina. She is very truly missed but very thankful for her peace. God Bless

Melissa

Pamela Kellogg said...

Sad news indeed. Pam

Lacemaker said...

Thank you for sharing.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

It was good to see your tribute to Gina. I know this is a busy time for you, and I wasn't sure you were checking the blogs. The news was such a shock to the tatting community.

I had always hoped to meet Gina, and I am sad I won't get the opportunity. Her blog was my 'window' to the tatting world, and I checked it every day. I was amazed how she juggled so many things at once, especially knowing she was only about five years younger than I. It's also ironic that she died on the anniversary of her blog, which goes back to Feb. 13, 2003 - one of the blogging pioneers. She will be greatly missed.

Barbara Gordon said...

Really miss her. She had a lot to offer us all. I hope she rests in peace and keeps looking down at us and see that we are still thinking about her..!